Barley Hill Primary School Science Intent: 2020
At Barley Hill Primary School, we recognise the importance of the relationship between Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
Our Science Curriculum aims to foster children’s interest in the topics, build their understanding and knowledge of the world around them and develop the skills required to investigate topics independently.
Science teaching at Barley Hill Primary School will promote:
- First hand experiences of scientific planning, enquiry and reporting;
- An awareness of the relationship between STEM subjects;
- Enthusiasm, engagement and enjoyment of science;
- An understanding of the world around pupils and how they can care for it;
- Knowledge of how science impacts children’s lives in different ways every day;
- A respect for the natural world and a care and appreciation of it.
Science in action at Barley Hill