Barley Hill School History Intent: 2020
The intent of our History Curriculum is to deliver a curriculum which is accessible to all, that develops learning and results in the acquisition of knowledge and skills enabling children to enquire, research and analyse in History. Children will know more, remember more and understand more.
As a result of this they will:
- Increase and develop their historical skills, concepts, knowledge and attitudes.
- Develop their interest in the past, arousing their curiosity and motivation to learn.
- Increase their understanding of the present in the context of the past.
- Develop and use their skills in enquiry, analysis, evaluation, and argument.
- Develop a sense of identity through learning about the past.