Stay Home Superheroes of Barley Hill Primary School:
Watch this video story made especially for our children!
Document and Resources: Supporting children with worries about COVID-19:
Easter Home Learning activities (02.04.2020)
Each year group has come up with a list of activities and ideas that you could do over the Easter holidays if you would like to. These are non-compulsory but we recognise some families may be grateful for some family crafts and things to do to pass the time. Any resources referred to (printable sheets etc) are available on this page.
We hope you have a Happy Easter.
Colouring pages Easter basket Rabbit 2D shapes activity Year 1 Spring Maths Activity Booklet.pdf Year 1 Easter-Word-Search.pdf Easter egg colouring pages Chick 2D shapes activity Easter chick paper model
SATs Survival Year 6 Easter English Revision Activity Booklet.pdf QR code maths challenge cards.pdf Mystery of the Eggsplosive Eggs.pdf Maths Easter Four Quadrant Coordinates and Translations.pdf Lent And Easter Word Search.pdf Easter Chocolate Mystery Maths Game-.pdf Easter Multiplication Mosaics.pdf Easter Bunny Investigation maths.pdf
*UPDATE: 28/03/20 - Parents and children, each Year group page will be providing Week 2 Home learning grids with tasks to complete if you so wish.*
Home Learning Contingency Plans
Dear Parents / Carers,
We realise that this is an uncertain time with the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Despite the challenges and concerns this situation presents, we want to assure you that Barley Hill Primary School has developed a solid plan to ensure that your child’s learning continues. Therefore please see below for our curriculum offer during school closure.
All children have been issued with their own individual log ins to access these sites:
- Mathletics: https://www.mathletics.com/uk/ (All year groups)
- Times Tables Rock Stars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth (Yr2 - Yr6)
School Homework: Homework will be set as usual each Friday and updated on each Year group page on the school website: https://www.barley-hill.oxon.sch.uk/ - Year Group Tab – Select Year Group
Online Resource Materials:
• Author Oliver Jeffers Stay at Home Weekday Storytime! https://www.oliverjeffers.com/books#/abookaday/
• Joe Wicks: LIVE PE sessions at 9am Monday – Friday on his you tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
• Stay active at home with yoga! https://www.cosmickids.com/
Pupils with internet will be able to access the following resources:
Early Years Activity Book (Reception)
KS1 Activity Book (5 – 7 yrs)
KS2 Activity Book (7 – 11 yrs)
With a combination of independent and collaborative learning activities, the home learning books provide a great opportunity for parents to learn with their children.
Early Years: https://www.twinkl.co.uk/l/xrh0w
Parents can also access a free month of Twinkl resources using: www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
Enter code: CVDTWINKLHELPS
- White Rose Maths: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/ White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five brand new maths lessons for each year group from Years 1-8. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully.
- Classroom Secrets: https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Resource packs for each year group including Maths, Reading, SPAG, Phonics and practical ideas.
https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ - Classroom Secrets Kids online activities is available completely free of charge to support home learning.
- Teach your monster to read: https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/ (Free Phonics Reading Game for EYS / KS1)
- Phonics Play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Free to use logging on with: Username: march20 Password: home
- Virtual Museum Tours:
There are over 500 virtual tours of museums around the world. https://www.travelandleisure.com/attractions/museums-galleries/museums-with-virtual-tours
- BBC Bitesize: Lots of FREE educational games, video clips and resources for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 kids. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Oxford Owl: The home of Biff, Chip and Kipper. FREE online books and audio books to read for a variety of ages. There’s also FREE activities, printables and colouring in sheets.
- Libby the library App: Libby is a FREE library app for anyone who is already a member of any UK library. There are lots of free audio and e-books that you can rent, although there may be a waiting list for some of them. https://www.overdrive.com/apps/libby/
- National Geographic Kids: FREE educational resources to use at home for EYFS, KS1 and KS2. There are printables, games and quizzes. https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/teacher-category/activities/
- Outdoors Learning Resources: Tree Tools for Schools by the Woodland Trust. Lots of printables and outdoors activities for KS1 and KS2. http://www.treetoolsforschools.org.uk/menu/
The Muddy Puddle Teacher – currently offering one month’s access to their outdoor education resources for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 for FREE
- ICT Coding Websites:
Tinkercad – Allows you to learn about 3D modelling, coding and electronics.
In addition to the materials and homework provided by our school, we encourage families to read, play board games, write in diaries, and join in on any other activities you think are appropriate for your children.
We understand that every family will have different circumstances and we do not want the learning to become an additional pressure however we hope you find these suggestions useful in continuing your child’s learning and providing some structure at this challenging time.
If you do have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time and ongoing support.
Barley Hill Staff